Registered Nurse - Community Liaison
Hospice West Auckland
- West Auckland based
- Permanent part time or full time (0.6 up to 1.0 FTE)
- Liaison, networking, coaching and clinical education delivery
- Supporting the development of palliative care professionals
For over 30 years, Hospice West Auckland (HWA) has been providing specialist palliative care services to the community of West Auckland. Our services continue to grow and evolve and we are currently seeking a NZ registered nurse who is looking for a position that allows them to broaden their skills in a new direction.
Working with a team of specialist palliative care practitioners, the Community Liaison Nurse role provides a vital link with our community to support, educate and build palliative care workforce capability. In this role you will build relationships, contribute to the development and delivery of a range of educational programmes and initiatives for general practice, residential care and other health providers. There's also an option to further develop your palliative care in practice.
To be successful in this position you will:
- Be an outstanding communicator - able to build strong working relationships at all levels.
- Have previous experience in coaching and mentoring with experience (or the willingness to develop skills) in the facilitation of group training sessions.
- Be a NZ registered nurse with some palliative care experience (hospice or hospital palliative care preferred)
- Be a passionate and professional ambassador for HWA and its services
- Able to work autonomously while never losing sight of the big picture
- Have a knowledge of community based services, preferably including experience in a multi-cultural and diverse socio economic area
If you are a registered nurse with proven coaching and mentoring experience and a passion for end of life care, this position will enable you to broaden your skills into a vital communication, coaching and liaison role. Your ability to promote, develop and deliver our services will make a vital contribution to palliative care in West Auckland.
If this position is of interest to you, please apply by sending us your CV, with a covering letter stating why you are interested in working with Hospice West Auckland and how your skills and experience fit the position we are offering.
To discuss further information about the position, please contact Trish by email email@example.com