Quality Improvement Advisor (0.5 FTE)
- Stimulating opportunity to contribute in a challenging and complex field
- Own your role and make your mark
- Work with professionals driven by continuous improvement
- Free on-street parking
For over 30 years Hospice West Auckland (HWA) has been providing specialist palliative care services to the community of West Auckland, the super city's largest and most rapidly growing region, with a complex and diverse demographic. Our services continue to grow and evolve as our teams support patients, families and whanau addressing the complex issues surrounding end of life, death, dying, grief and loss within the complex environment of the Health sector.
Hospice West Auckland is looking for a seasoned quality specialist. The role is to provide support to the clinical and operational teams, to ensure that risks and processes are managed in accordance with best practice and legal requirements.
You will support the organisation by effectively managing and maintaining:
- Risk management, quarterly risk meetings, monitoring and documentation
- Policy management and documentation control using our quality management system - Quality Hub
- Oversight of Infection Control either contracted or in house
- Regular Internal and External audits based on an agreed Audit Schedule
- Contributing to Clinical Governance Group and initiating and monitoring progress of clinical projects
- Incident and accident management
- Comprehensive reporting
As an experienced Quality Advisor, you understand the importance of continuous improvement and risk management; and you thrive on improving and impacting service developments with your in-depth knowledge of the health sector.
- Proven experience and sound understanding of incident and risk management
- Previous experience in a similar clinical quality, risk or health and safety role in the health sector
- Qualification in health and safety or risk management (PG Quality Papers preferred)
- Associated with appropriate National Quality Associations /authorities
- Highly proficient in MS office suite (word, excel, outlook)
- Solutions driven with articulate and concise documentation skills
- Experienced & highly proficient utilising online H&S management tools and systems
- Proactive, self-driven perfectionist with excellent communication skills
If this is for you, apply online and send us your CV telling us why this job is for you and why you are the best person for this job.
Applications close 22 November 2019.